Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Large-scale Watercolor

We were assigned to do a large watercolor. I chose a picture of a couple in a field and changed the people so they looked like my boyfriend and me. I also eliminated the background and used a gradient from yellow to green/blue and splatters to create visual interest. I didn't use enough color saturation in the painting overall, and thus, the image is pale. However, I think the other aspects of the painting were successful.

My color comp does not accurately reflect the final, because I did not have the range of marker colors nor the skill in using them to create a color scheme that was realistic and reproducible. I will probably have to work on using my markers to create a more believable comp.

Illustration time: 8 hours
20" x 30"
Watercolor on Illustration Board

No comments:

Post a Comment