Friday, April 2, 2010

Eleven




This project was interesting conceptually. I did a series of ideas, and the one that was selected was the dice rolling eleven. I really wanted to do the Tardis and the eleventh Doctor Who, but no one seemed to get the reference. It was sad.

I had a lot of fun with the grid structure. I wanted the dice to be small, but the dead space needed visual interest, so I did a grid. I also enjoyed the gradient capability with the airbrush. I wouldn't have been able to do this as successfully with watercolor or gouache.

I think this was fairly successful, but I had a lot of trouble with making convincing dice. I also like the color I added, because it shows the sides of the dice without resorting to line.

Illustration time: 1 hour
Airbrush, watercolor, Micron and Sharpie on Illustration Board
10" x 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment