Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Final Portfolio - Typesetting

My best example of typesetting is found in my Favorite Ride poster. I chose two similar fonts that were sleek and elegant, something that I thought would correlate to my car and concept, and used them accordingly. The larger font was a little more script-like, which is why I chose the cleaner typeface for my smaller text, since the header text would be difficult to read. I thought the typefaces helped the concept immensely. The piece is supposed to be slightly mocking Bugatti for breaking their record, while promoting their own car. Yet I wanted it to be professional, so I chose a font that was matter-of-fact, stating the information while still being loose enough to suggest that they are, in fact, poking fun at Bugatti. I felt like this was a successful execution of typeface usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment