Friday, April 17, 2009

Fishing Comp













The fishing spread was so much easier to put together because there were only two panels to deal with and you didn't have to think three-dimensionally to make the whole piece fit together. I went with a more traditional feel, making the whole piece look "manly" and professional. The piece is clean and simple, presenting the text plainly and allowing the reader to take in the information with little distraction, although the photographs and graphic help maintain interest in the spread.

The graphic, by the way, took a lifetime to build. I think I spent an entire weekend putting that together, and it turned out really well. I think it has an even higher quality than my car. Because of the nature of the fish graphic, the pieces were tiny and had minute color changes and I think my fingers cramped up from all that clicking. But I'm pleased with the final graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment